For COVID-19 updates, visit

  • Schweitzer Outback Boal

    Schweitzer Mountain Resort

  • Schweitzer Outback Boal

    Schweitzer Mountain Resort

  • Lost in the 50s

    Aaron Qualls

  • Schweitzer 2014

    Schweitzer Mountain Resort

  • Downtown Sandpoint

    Allison Wildman

  • Powerhouse Rainbow

    Aaron Qualls

Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
POLICE:  To report an emergency or crime in progress

Call 9-1-1
Be ready with the following information:

  • Details about your emergency
  • Your location
  • Your first and last name, and middle initial
  • Your date of birth
POLICE:  For non-emergency requests requiring immediate assistance from an officer

Call Bonner County Dispatch:  (208) 265-5525.
Be ready with the following information:

  • Details about your request
  • Your identifying information
POLICE:  Routine police business
(copies of reports, police questions, or other police business)
Sandpoint Police business office:  (208) 265-1482
Open 8a-5p, Mon-Fri (except holidays). 
After hours/weekends, please leave a message and a phone number where you can be reached, and we will respond the next business day.






Abandoned Vehicle 


 (208) 265-1482

Per Sandpoint City Code, vehicles may not remain on the street or on other public property for more than 48 hours without moving.

Accident Report

Bonner County Dispatch:  (208) 265-5525

Animal Control - DOMESTIC
(barking dogs, complaints, dog abuse/neglect)


  • In Sandpoint city limits:  (208) 265-1482
  • In Ponderay city limits:  (208) 265-4251
  • Outside city limits in Bonner County:  (208) 265-5525  (Bonner County also handles horses and other livestock)

Animal Control - WILD LARGE
moose, deer, bear, cougar, etc.)

(DO NOT attempt to remove the animal yourself.)

Bonner County Dispatch:  (208) 265-5525
Idaho Fish & Game:  (208) 263-3808

Animal Control - WILD SMALL
(skunks, raccoons, possums, etc.)

In Sandpoint city limits:  SPD has live traps we will loan out to citizens.  However, citizens are responsible for picking up the trap, setting it, checking it, releasing the animal appropriately, and returning the trap to us.  Call (208) 265-1482.

Outside Sandpoint city limitsBonner County Dispatch:  (208) 265-5525

Animal Shelter - Lost dogs

Panhandle Animal Shelter:  (208) 265-PAWS (7297)
Car Impounded or Towed

See Vehicles - Impound/Tow
Copy of Police Report

Request online, OR
for other inquiries, call (208) 265-1482, 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri (except holidays).
Dog - Barking or Complaints

See Animal Control
Dog License - Sandpoint

Apply online.  You may also apply using the lobby computer kiosk at City Hall, 1123 Lake Street.  License fees vary.
Dog - Lost

Panhandle Animal Shelter:  (208) 265-PAWS (7297)
Drug - Disposal Drop-off

See Prescription Drop-Off
Evidence - Request Return

See Property

(208) 265-1482 in advance for fingerprinting 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri (except holidays).  FEE is $31.50.
Impounded / Towed Vehicle

See Vehicles - Impound/Tow 

 Lost and Found
(report a lost item or find out if a lost item has been turned in)

(208) 265-1482.

Found items may be turned in to the Sandpoint Police Department office at 1123 Lake St., 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri (except holidays).

Parking Ticket 
(pay or appeal, view photos)

Instructions for paying your ticket are on the back of the ticket, with options for paying online, by phone, by mail, in person, or to view photos related to the ticket.

Instructions for appealing (contesting or disputing) your ticket are also on the back of the ticket.  You may also pick up an appeal form at City Hall and submit it in person or by mail to:  Sandpoint Police Department, Parking Tickets, 1123 Lake St., Sandpoint, ID  83864.  Typically, you will receive notification of the decision regarding your appeal in about two weeks.

Prescription Drug Drop-off / Disposal

Old, unused prescription drugs for disposal can be brought to the Sandpoint Police Department at 1123 Lake Street, 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri (except holidays).

We are unable to accept liquids, sharps (needles, lancets, etc.) or over-the-counter medications.

The U.S. Food & Drug Administration has information on safe disposal of over-the-counter medications here.

They also have information on disposal of needles and sharps here.

(return of property in the custody of SPD as found or recovered, for safekeeping, or as evidence)

Call and speak to the Evidence Custodian at (208) 265-1482 to see if the property is available and to make an appointment for a date and time for pickup.  Be sure to bring photo identification.

Evidence that was seized as part of a case must be adjudicated and must have a written release signed by the prosecutor.  Once that is available, call the Evidence Custodian at (208) 265-1482 and make an appointment for pickup.  Be sure to bring a copy of the release if you have it, as well as photo identification.

Records Check

The Sandpoint Police Department can only provide information about contacts we have made with persons.  All requests must be made in writing.  Request online here.  You can also file your request on the lobby computer at City Hall, 1123 Lake St.

Statewide background checks  can be requested through the Bureau of Criminal Identification, (208) 884-7135, 700 S. Stratford Dr., Meridian, ID  83642.

You can also conduct a search of a person's court records online at ICourt Idaho here.  

Records Request
(for copies of SANDPOINT police reports, infractions, citations, etc.)

All requests must be made in writing.  Request online here.  You can also file your request on the lobby computer kiosk at City Hall, 1123 Lake St.

For other questions regarding SPD reports, please call (208) 265-1482.

For copies of reports of incidents outside Sandpoint City limits, please contact the law enforcement office for that area.

Traffic Ticket / Citation / Infraction
(court dates, amounts, payments, and other questions)

Information is on the back of the ticket.

For other questions, contact the Bonner County Court Clerk's office:  (208) 265-1432, 215 S First Ave., Sandpoint, ID  83864

Vehicle - Impounded / Towed

 (208) 265-1482
Vehicle - Notice of Impound
 (208) 265-1482