Lost in the 50s
Lost in the 50s
Schweitzer Outback Boal
Schweitzer Mountain Resort
Maintaining and enhancing Sandpoint's diverse economy is a critical goal for the City. Towards that end, the City of Sandpoint works with a variety of partner agencies locally and at the State level to retain, grow and attract jobs to the area. Below is a list of some of the available incentives and financing options as well as agencies we work with. City staff may be available to assist companies in connecting with the agencies listed below and the application process for some of the available incentives. If you are interested in learning more please contact Aaron Qualls, the Planning and Economic Development Director at 208.255.1738 or by email here.
Partner Agencies, Incentives & Financing Options
City of Sandpoint
Per the City of Sandpoint's Economic Development Policy, certain administrative City fees may be waived or reimbursed for expansion or relocation projects where a minimum of 20 new full-time (30 hours a week or more) permanent jobs that pay at or above the average County wage will be created as a result of the development. For more information, please contact the Planning and Economic Development Director at 208.255.1738 or by email here.
The SURA Board mission is to leverage and promote public/private partnerships and investment within the renewal districts to provide strategic economic vitalization of our downtown, industrial and commercial areas and the enhancement of public art.
- For qualifying projects, the SURA board may be able to assist in funding public improvements associated with development and provide match funding for grants at the state level.
Bonner County Economic Development Corporation strives for economic opportunity at all income levels, with quality local career choices for graduating high school students, access to a quality employee base through workforce training, continuing education and lifelong learning programs for all citizens. The City of Sandpoint works closely with Bonner County EDC in connecting existing companies and those looking to relocate with resources, incentives and financing options.
The Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce provides the first impression to many visitors, new residents, and businesses seeking to relocate here. The Chamber serves its members by offering many programs and services that provide members ways to network, promote, and grow their business.
As the lead economic development agency for the State of Idaho, the mission of Idaho Commerce is to create jobs, strengthen communities and market the state. With a lot to offer, the below list from ID Commerce is only partial.
- Companies that add a minimum of 20 new jobs with average salaries at or above the average County wage may qualify for the Tax Reimbursement Incentive (TRI) Program. Qualifying companies through the TRI Program may receive a tax credit of up to 30% on income, sales, and payroll tax for up to 15 years.
- Community Development Block Grants may be eligible for public facilities construction and improvements, economic development projects, senior citizen and community centers.
- Idaho Gem Grants are focused on job creation and retention and awards are limited to the hard implementation costs of economic development projects. Examples of eligible projects include water and sewer infrastructure for new a business, remediation of slum and blight conditions blocking business development, and matching funds for the creation of assets with a high certainty of aiding future economic development efforts.
- The Idaho Opportunity Fund is for infrastructure improvements to attract or accommodate a new commercial or industrial facility is available and allotted at the discretion of the Idaho Commerce director.
Panhandle Area Council (PAC)
Panhandle Area Council serves to promote and assist economic development and to foster a stable and diversified economy within the five northern counties of Idaho.
- PAC offers financing options, grant administration and Industrial Revenue Bond administration to support economic development projects in the area.
The local and regional offices of the Idaho Department of Labor connects businesses, education and workforce; links job seekers with employers; and helps people with career and life transitions. The Sandpoint office is located at 613 Ridley Village Road, Ste. C, Sandpoint, ID 83864 you may reach them by phone (208) 263-7544 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workforce Training - Qualifying businesses can receive up to $3,000 for partial training costs when they agree to hire and train an eligible worker.
- The Idaho Department of Labor also offers wage and economic data as well as employee recruitment.